A friend and I visited Ft Cassin yesterday to looking for eagles. We found 14
eagles spread around the area. The most interesting part was finding 5
juveniles and one adult on the ice south of the river outlet fighting over a fish.
One juvenile managed to hold off the others with lots of wing flapping
displays. But after about ten minutes of defending its fish the larger adult
(female probable) moved in and took the prize uncontested.
 One other important thing! About a mile south of the Richville rd and rt22a  in
the field on the west side of the road I got a quick look at the whitest light
morph Rough-legged Hawk I have ever seen. It’s so white that you would
think that it might be part albino but its not. I got one bad image of it before I
had to move. This section of 22a is not birding safe. The traffic was moving
fast, heave rush hour and no place to pull off the road safely.
Anybody heading that way keep an eye out for this light morph Rough-leg you
will know it right away by the white with dark brown patches. Please post so
others will know where to look.will post some images from yesterday on BFO's
latter on.
Here is what we found yesterday from ft Cassin Vergennes down Rt 22a to Rt
4 Fair Haven.
Eagles  14   6 adult  8 juv
Red-tailed Hawk  13
Rough-legged Hawk   4