Peter,  I live not far from you, and have experienced the same feeder season.  Numbers are way down for all species, which are similar to what you have been seeing.  We live on a brook, and have had no ducks or geese in over a month.  I do have several crows, but other than that, the same species as you, with lower numbers except for jays, which number 5-8 most days.

Marcia in Brownsville

-----Original Message-----
From: Peter Manship <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sat, Jan 30, 2010 8:16 am
Subject: [VTBIRD] Unusual Feeder season so far

I was wondering if others are having an unusual feeder season this year, I am.
t has certainly has been much quieter then passed years here on lake
auline. No winter finches or Evening Grosbeaks. I had one Pine Siskin back in
ate November, non since then. No Red Breasted Nuthatch, even the Blue jay
umbers are way down. First time here on the lake that there is no wintering
allards or Canada geese and the most surprising is no Barred Owls. There has
een 3 around here on the lake for as long as I can remember.
his is what has been seen around here lately, any mix of this list on a given
ay is what makes up my feeder day right now:
Chickadee  16
merican Goldfinch   50 ++ this number goes up and down with the weather
ufted Titmouse  2
ardinal  2
lue jay  1 or 2 now and then
ark-eyed ( slate ) Junco  7
orning Dove 3
airy Woodpecker 2
owny Woodpecker  2
hite breasted Nuthatch  2
Some days its just chickadees. What are others experiencing?
Good Birding
Peter Manship
ake Pauline
udlow Vt