Here at our store in Manchester I can report many, many customers having the same low feeder season Peter describes. Unusual in that so many even casual bird feeding customers have mentioned it to us - though the past several days have seen an uptick in seed sales.

I have noticed that at our home the goldfinch population has quintupled the past 2 days, from zero to five. Only other unusual numbers are titmouse - 9-10 every day, though as mentioned, our feeders are being emptied a bit quicker this past week than has been the norm for this season since November.   Juncos, woodpeckers and titmice predominate.

Randy Schmidt
The Vermont Bird Place & Sky Watch
Manchester Center, VT