Looking out my window I was quite surprised to see some Dark eyed Juncos
hiding in the down wind side of a drift. They were all in little holes that they
had scratching away while looking for seeds. Anyhow after two days of snow,
temps  zero to ten degrees and a howling northwest winds making it feel like
30 below outside. Plus 20 to 30 inch deep snow drifts all making it hard for the
birds to finding food. This is making my feeders very busy, here is a list of
what birds I’ve had so far this morning.
Started out the day with a Barred Owl calling, then:

Northern Cardinal  3    2m  1f
Tree Sparrow  2
Tifted Titmouse 5
Brown-headed Cowbird  1  again only briefly
Hairy Woodpecker  2
White breasted Nuthatch  3
Downy Woodpecker 1
Crow   3
Chickadee  18 +
Goldfinch   counted to 29 before they all took off would guest 40 to 50
Dark-eyed Junco  25
Blue Jay   16
Morning Dove   15  which should get the shapie's attention

Non-bird
Mink   1

Good Birding

Peter Manship