Hi fellow farmers,
I was wondering if anyone has information to share (personal experience or other) on  winter storage techniques of celeriac. What we have done is washed and bagged (plastic with vents) 25#s of celeriac in November and stored in a cooler that seems to run at about 38 F.

We are now getting "slime" on some/many of the roots. I am wondering if there are better ways to prevent this slime as we are at risk of loosing a lot of the crop much earlier in the winter storage season than I like to see and customers are starting to complain.
Thanks for any info you can tell us.
Thomas

Arethusa Collective Farm
Thomas Case, F. Benner Dana