The information has been incredible & passed along.  I should have
prefaced my e-mail by saying we'd tried a couple of places already
(Medecins sans Frontieres, Red Cross), and that I'd already identified a
few others (e.g., USAID), but it was reassuring to see that others were
thinking so hard for this question!  The physician in question is my
nephew and he is eager to offer his services, so he is pursuing a number
of these avenues.
Many thanks to all of you!  What an incredible resource you are.
Amy

Amy L. Frey, MA AHIP
Manager, Health Sciences Library & Resource Center
Hospital for Special Care
2150 Corbin Avenue
New Britain, CT 06053

Editor, National Network (HLS/MLA)