On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 6:02 PM, Brian Waters <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Secondly, I'd like the take the opportunity to once again express the
> disappointment that I feel that a bunch of skiers like us can't just share
> some fun-finding information with each other. I wish some of you guys
> thought more like skiers out west.

> On the contrary, I do sometimes find it odd that nearly 500 non-posting
> people read this list every day.

Do you not see the huge juxtaposition of these two comments?  It's
exactly because everything that is sent to the List is shared with
almost 500 people and not just a bunch of skiers, and is available for
all to see and search, that these types of posts endanger the wildness
of the woods.

Frankly, I find it sad that so many people are oblivious to the joys
of experiencing a wild place and so thoughtlessly and obliviously seek
to strip it away so that one day, there is none left to treasure.

--Matt K.