I'd assume that's why he used the term "on the contrary."

Otherwise I agree with the "keep it wild" side of the debate.

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 11:45 PM, Matthew Kulas <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 6:02 PM, Brian Waters <[log in to unmask]>
> wrote:
> >
> > Secondly, I'd like the take the opportunity to once again express the
> > disappointment that I feel that a bunch of skiers like us can't just
> share
> > some fun-finding information with each other. I wish some of you guys
> > thought more like skiers out west.
>

> > On the contrary, I do sometimes find it odd that nearly 500 non-posting
> > people read this list every day.
>
> Do you not see the huge juxtaposition of these two comments?  It's
> exactly because everything that is sent to the List is shared with
> almost 500 people and not just a bunch of skiers, and is available for
> all to see and search, that these types of posts endanger the wildness
> of the woods.
>
> Frankly, I find it sad that so many people are oblivious to the joys
> of experiencing a wild place and so thoughtlessly and obliviously seek
> to strip it away so that one day, there is none left to treasure.
>
> --Matt K.

"I'm a simple man, Hobbes."
"You?? Yesterday you wanted a nuclear powered car that could turn into a jet
with laser-guided heat-seeking missiles!"
"I'm a simple man with complex tastes."