After 2 days at the Big Hill in north central Vt, we headed home
Sunday evening, only to have our back seat passenger, a newbie to
"non-boring skiing" as he put it, ask if we could extend our trip in
light of the forecasted snow. A quick call and we were set up at a
friend's house on the Magic Mtn access road.

The conditions at Magic on this mild, bluebird day were fantastic.
There was little to no grooming of the 6 to 9" that had fallen
overnight. We explored boundary to boundary, and although there was
untracked on the trails and trailsides all day, the woods were also
quite entertaining, especially the well traveled glades. In untraveled
areas of the woods, however, the snow was 20-30" of unconsolidated
powder which meant danger lurked beneath every turn.

Ticket price: $39
Egg sandwich: $6
Reeb: $3
Enjoyment: priceless

Magic, a great MLK holiday alternative to the overcrowded, brutally
groomed McTrails of southern Vermont. We look forward to our next
visit.

Apparently, tickets are $39 every Monday and the area is closed
Tues-Thurs absent new snow so be sure to check the web site before
visiting mid-week.

- Bruno