The anti-geospatial exactitude camp (AGEC), as represented by Alex, Patrick,
Matt, et al., believes that we ski in the backcountry to escape the crowds,
to enjoy the woods, to enjoy exploring those woods. On skis.

The posting of exact locations accelerates the crowding of the woods and
diminishes the opportunity for exploration. Said posting has an
impact--negative--on the experience of others. That's selfishness in my
book.

The AGEC recognizes that all of our actions have an impact on the experience
of others, so, accordingly we should seek to minimize those impacts.

A well-written trip report can encourage and inspire others' exploration
without removing the opportunity for said others to explore for
themselves--even if everybody who's "cool" already know about the place.

The AGEC does not believe that only they have the right to enjoy the
backcountry, rather they hope to preserve the experience for others (and
themselves). This may be a futile hope in the end, but one that the AGEC
believes worth striving for.

Members of the AGEC: feel free to correct any misrepresentations I may have
presented above.

caveat lector