While in Colorado I visited the Dillon Borders Store one evening (yeah, I'm
a real partier) and picked up "Backcountry Skiing: Skills for Ski Touring
and Ski Mountaineering", by Martin Volken et.al.

http://www.amazon.com/Backcountry-Skiing-Touring-Mountaineering-Mountaineers/dp/1594850380

What a great guide, maybe one of the most broadly all-in-one-comprehensive
I've seen yet.  Includes some serious rope rigging techniques for glacier
travel and crevice extrication, and a host of other good info.  It is not a
dedicated avi guide, but has some info in that regard that I have not seen
in my current avi books.  For sure, some of the info is aimed at newbies,
but a good deal of it is also quite advanced.

(link includes "look inside" feature)

Leigh