My thoughts exactly,

Roger, I felt Jay was being bullied here.  If anyone should know
about that it is you.  And again, to me, the idea that Jay's posts
are leading to hordes of people postholing up all aspects of the
Greens is nonsense.  Again, I say, what is the big deal about his
gentle tours?  Has he shown any of the lines you have cut?  I'm sure
we all feel protective about our secret stashes, but I think it
should really only applies to lines that we personally have
'improved'.  If I really did any cutting, that's how I would feel.
If anything, he is helping by sending people to low angle, low down,
easy to find stuff.

I can't help but contrast this to the reception  someone else got
here.  this fellow posts infrequently, mostly to promote his slide
shows of skiing in the backcountry and who also writes about it.  The
last time the suggestion was made that we should get together and
organize trail networks to attract out of state tourists to improve
the Vermont economy.  Remember?

Anyway, I'm sorry if I offended anyone.  IMHO Jay was being bullied
for no reason and I wanted to stand up for him.

There is plenty of woods to go around.  A lot of the goods are at the
end of a 3 mile slog in.  How many folks are ever going to do that?

Let's hope it snows soon, everything is tracked out.

Mike