On 1/20/2010 12:54 PM, roger Klinger wrote:

> On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Nathan Bryant <[log in to unmask]
> <mailto:[log in to unmask]>> wrote:
>
>     On 1/20/2010 12:37 PM, Caveat Lector wrote:
>
>         TEO&  Patrick have put it very well. I only hope that Jay et
>         al. will
>         consider what they have written with an open mind. (And end up
>         agreeing with their quite reasonable suggestions)
>
>         So a few unorganized thoughts:
>
>         Nathan, re: climbers' lack of impact--you were kidding, right?
>
>     No sir, I'm quite serious. Did you even read my follow-up email?
>     Our impact is not willful.
>
> Trees cut at the base of climbs arn't willful?  Eroded gullies leading
> up to climbs are not willful?  Moss and lichen scrubbed from rock is
> not willful?  Have you ever developed an area?  I have.  I will be the
> first to claim that there is a lot of destruction wrought by climbers.
Good for you. Yes I have developed a new area, I guess I was a little
better a minimizing my impact than you. Anyway... still all of that
pales in comparison to the havoc wreaked by northeastern skiiers who
won't even admit that what they do could be a problem. And you ask me
whether I'm serious. Ha.