Interesting.  In the Backcountry Ethics section, on page 257, it reads "Respect other visitors and protect the quality of their experience."

I'm just sayin'.

On Tue, Jan 19, 2010 at 9:35 PM, Leigh Daboll <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
While in Colorado I visited the Dillon Borders Store one evening (yeah, I'm a real partier) and picked up "Backcountry Skiing: Skills for Ski Touring and Ski Mountaineering", by Martin Volken et.al.

http://www.amazon.com/Backcountry-Skiing-Touring-Mountaineering-Mountaineers/dp/1594850380

What a great guide, maybe one of the most broadly all-in-one-comprehensive I've seen yet.  Includes some serious rope rigging techniques for glacier travel and crevice extrication, and a host of other good info.  It is not a dedicated avi guide, but has some info in that regard that I have not seen in my current avi books.  For sure, some of the info is aimed at newbies, but a good deal of it is also quite advanced.

(link includes "look inside" feature)

Leigh