On Wed, Jan 20, 2010 at 12:41 PM, Nathan Bryant <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
On 1/20/2010 12:37 PM, Caveat Lector wrote:
TEO&  Patrick have put it very well. I only hope that Jay et al. will
consider what they have written with an open mind. (And end up
agreeing with their quite reasonable suggestions)

So a few unorganized thoughts:

Nathan, re: climbers' lack of impact--you were kidding, right?

No sir, I'm quite serious. Did you even read my follow-up email? Our impact is not willful.

Trees cut at the base of climbs arn't willful?  Eroded gullies leading up to climbs are not willful?  Moss and lichen scrubbed from rock is not willful?  Have you ever developed an area?  I have.  I will be the first to claim that there is a lot of destruction wrought by climbers.