In the early years of the twenty-first century, TEO or someone related to him gave me a pair of Outdoor Research (OR) Gore-Tex overmitts (untaped seams) for Christmas. I use them when backcountry skiing over fleece gloves or my Dachstein wool mittens. Needless to say, during my grad-school induced exile to the desert Southwest, I didn't use them as much as I might have liked.

Last year the white (polyurethane?) coating on the inside of the palms began to peel off. This winter it is completely gone.

So a week or so ago I emailed OR, to inquire whether the waterproofness will have been compromised (wondering if I should contemplate replacing them). OR wrote back and said fill out this online form, and we'll give you an RA# so you can send them back. When I did that they emailed back to say that when I the mitts arrived at OR, they would probably replace them with their Endeavor Mitt, if that was okay with me. I had not asked for a replacement, after all, they are début de siècle mitts. Clap, clap, clap!

On the other hand....I purchased some Patagucci pants, and the best deal I could find was at Altrec.com. I just discovered that the hip pocket had not been stitched properly. I sent an email to Altrec and they punted on the issue, saying that while they could help me, I should contact Patagonia instead. Boo, hiss, boo!

Artech gave a $20 video to the ski team I coach. Clap, clap, clap!

Universal Sports: could you make your video any harder to find?

--
caveat lector