With family commitments this weekend, I could not make it north of the
Doogie Line to search for powder.

But on Saturday I was able to ski a wooded hillside that belonged to an old
church. Was there powder? No. Although there was some soft snow in places,
sometimes even an inch or two of it. Was there crust? Yes. Were there rocks?
Yes.

Was the weather gorgeous? Yes. Was the company good? It was excellent. Was
the reeb potable? It was delicious.

The ski was modest, but in my mind a trip in the woods with friends is hard
to beat, regardless of conditions.

caveat lector