You may be wondering why am I posting this trip sign-up to the list.

Because one of our returning members from last year ( and everyone signed up in advance this year, that's why there was no list posting) has had an unavoidable conflict arise, which means he cannot attend for the full week.  So, he has instructed me to open his spot up to the list at large.

In my opinion, this is far and away the best Cat trip skivt has ever booked.  Just great, great terrain and snow.  I spoke to one of the Cat op owners last weekend and he advises me that conditions are as deep and soft as he has seen in 20 years.  As in over the head, snorkelly soft and deep.  His guides are telling him some recent days have been "Top 5 Lifetime" days.  If you are interested, we have one spot available, pretty much on a first come first serve basis

Leigh

Orginally Sent: Friday, November 06, 2009 1:15 AM
Subject: THE SEVENTH ANNUAL BRITISH COLUMBIA "CATSKI-VT " - 2010 SIGN UP AND INSTRUCTIONS

WELCOME TO THE SEVENTH ANNUAL BRITISH COLUMBIA "CATSKI-VT " FOR 2010!

Want a change from all that "southern BC powder"?

"Uhm, ok..."

And how about a nice break from those long days of ripping run after run of steep 'n deep trees, to avoid, you know,  the monotony of it all?

"Well..., I'm listening..."

So, how about charging some real high-alpine bowls and chutes this year?

"Yee-haw, count me in!"

Come ski or ride with the SkiVermont-List March 6-14, 2010 for our best Snow Cat safari yet! Why not join us as we rove around central British Columbia in a carefully planned itinerary travelling the upper reaches of the big, snowy Monashee and Cariboo Mountain ranges.

Due to rave reviews last year, we are booked for return visits to Revelstoke Mountain Resort and to newly expanded K3 Cat Ski (formerly Monashee Mountain Cats), where Dave, Chris and the rest of the gang have promised to unveil even deeper, longer and snowier lines. We follow that up with a drive-by visit to Sun Peaks Resort in Kamloops, directly en route northward to our second major destination based in beautiful Valemount, British Columbia.  Snugged up against the east side of the imposing, powder-blanketed Cariboo Range, Valemount will be our home for four evenings while we explore our newest destination, Cariboo Cat Skiing.

This tour is your gateway to one terrific nine-day Cat skiing and resort tour package for twelve (12) persons.  Is it still the best value in cat-skiing going?  I'll let you decide. With the standard industry rate now approaching $400.00 per day before lodging, transportation and meals are added, we continue to offer this trip at about HALF the cost of most similarly packaged Cat skiing vacations. And this year, our trip is priced even lower than last year's!  How can we continue to do this? We are not a professional, profit-driven tour company, just a great group of black diamond, diehard skiers and riders, male and female and all ages, that have been arranging these group trips to British Columbia for the past several years.

One caution - If you are not a competent powder skier, stop reading now. This trip is not for you. This trip is about lots and lots of skiing and riding, not fancy resort dining and shopping. On the other hand, if you are interested in participating in what just may be the best ski trip of your life, read on.

THE ITINERARY:

This is a nine day package providing for seven or more full days of skiing and snowboarding, custom-tailored to our group's specific interests and advanced ability level. Attendees will be treated to five (5) full days of Cat skiing, interspersed with at least two (2) days of resort skiing, one (1) day each at Revelstoke Mountain Resort and at Sun Peaks Resort, located in Revelstoke and Kamloops respectively. Guests are also free to request a day of guided touring in place of their resort day at Revelstoke, or book an additional part-day of cat skiing at Sun Peaks. Please email me for further details if interested.

AIR TRANSPORTATION/TRANSFERS AND THE INTERNATIONAL BORDER:

After your flight arrival and transfer in from either Calgary, Kelowna or Kamloops airports, we begin our skiing based out of laid-back Sicamous, British Columbia, located on the TransCanada Highway approximately half-way between Revelstoke and Kamloops, British Columbia. Due to our northern locales this year, it will be very difficult to efficiently travel through Spokane International Airport as we have in the past.  Guests are strongly encouraged to choose one of the above-listed airports for their arrival and departure.  The information below will help make your choice of air travel a better informed one.

This package does not include air transportation and shuttle transfers to and from skiing because there will likely be a multitude of arrival and departure arrangements among the group. I will instead coordinate rental car transportation based on the group travel dynamics. As you might have surmised, we are travelling in a roughly oval loop. The good news is that this year's loop is shorter than last year's loop, if done right. The approximate total travel distances for the week are approximately 920 km via Kamloops, 1050 km via Kelowna, and 1470 km via either Calgary or Edmonton. Here are some important factors to consider prior to booking your flights.

If minimizing costs is your priority, you may consider booking your flight into a major western Canadian hub airport such as Calgary, Edmonton or even Vancouver and allowing for extra drive time on the initial drive in and concluding drive back.  If minimizing driving time is your priority, book your air transportation into Kelowna or Kamloops, both which are major AirCanada and/or WestJet regional hubs. The travel time from Kelowna or Kamloops to Sicamous is approximately 1.25 hours, and the return time from Valemount to Kamloops after our final day is just over 3.00 hours, and about an hour longer to Kelowna. This year, we will be skiing during daylight savings time, so much of our driving will be in daylight hours.

Remember, the only documentation accepted by the Canada Border Services and the United States INS is an official passport to ENTER OR RE-ENTER either country by air or by land. Please ensure that all passport documentation is in place in advance of the trip dates.

Here is a more detailed look at our nine day itinerary:

Saturday March 6, 2010:

Travel/arrival day. Guests will arrive this year at the airport of their choice and will carpool in rental vehicles for all inter-resort transportation. This will require some further coordination with the assistance of your group coordinator once everyone's airfare is dialled in. My goal is to place about four persons per vehicle to minimize expense. Please book your airfare and let me know your air itinerary as soon as possible so this can be set up well in advance.
Guests will then check in at the Sicamous Best Western Inn for the next four nights. This large and recently extensively renovated hotel features spacious double queen beds in every room, and boasts indoor and outdoor hot tubs and indoor swimming pool facilities. And this year, a hearty breakfast is included!

For a better look at the Sicamous Best Western Inn please check out:

http://www.sicamousinn.ca/

Sunday March 7, 2010:

Sunday starts early. A 45-minute drive lands us at the base of Revelstoke Mountain Resort, home of North America's greatest vertical rise - over 5,620 feet! We'll ski and ride some truly wicked steeps, powder, trees and high alpine bowls on over 3,000 acres of newly expanded terrain. Expect to once again have legs of rubber by shutdown, as the heated gondola whisks us up over 3,550 vertical feet in about 12 minutes.

Check out the Revelstoke Mountain Resort Site:

http://www.revelstokemountainresort.com/

Monday March 8, 2010:

Monday finds our group at "K3 Cat Skiing" (formerly Monashee Mountain Cats.) K3's terrain, greatly expanded for 2010, is steep, high (topping out at over 7,400 vertical feet) with several beautiful high-alpine bowls, and big - they maintain over 33,000 acres under their current tenure. K3 has chosen to operate only a single Cat on any given day. That means only you, your eleven best friends and three guides will be skiing an area larger than Whistler- Blackcomb. Co-owner David Moore runs his operation just like you would expect - for the simple joy of getting in as much ski time as possible every day. Dave may be laid back, but he and his crew are rippin' dudes out on the hill. Due to their high elevation and their location in the upper-Monashees (world renown as a mecca for steep, powder and glade skiing), the copious depth of cover means too much snow occurs more often than too little , if that's possible. A filling and tasty lunch is included every day while we are out in the Cats.

Check out the K3 Cat Skiing website here:

http://www.k3catski.com/?

Tuesday March 9, 2010:

We spend Tuesday enjoying more powder, trees, steeps and bowls at K3 Cat Skiing. Repeat the rest of the paragraph above.

Wednesday March 10, 2010:

This is our busiest day. After checking out of the Sicamous Best Western early on Wednesday morning, we travel approximately 1.25 hours to Sun Peaks Ski Resort in Kamloops. Don't let Sun Peaks' low-key rep make you complacent. With nearly 2900' of vertical rise spread over nearly 3800 acres of terrain, this is British Columbia second largest resort - in fact, it's the third biggest resort in Canada!   Sun Peaks has literally thousands of acres uncrowded, snowy glades that have to be experienced to be believed. And don't forget to check out the long steeps above the Burfield Chair, newly converted to a high speed quad.

For more information, see the Sun Peaks website:

http://www.sunpeaksresort.com/winter/index.aspx

After day skiing, we continue north to Valemount (remember, it's daylight savings time), which, as I indicated earlier, requires about three hours on the excellent highway. Upon arrival, be prepared for a real treat. Our gracious host, Doreen, will seamlessly check us in as the sole denizens of our own private 12-person skier's lodge at the "Dream Catcher Inn." The lodge features a large kitchen area, spacious gathering quarters and bedrooms, and private baths. A hearty boxed lunch fresh from "Sasquatch Sandwiches" will be ready for carry-out on each of our following three ski days. Check out the following link:

http://www.dreamcatcherinn.ca/

Thursday March 11, 2010:

Get ready to meet up with Terry Cinnamon, proud owner of "Cariboo Snow Cats".  Cariboo operates on 20,000 acres of tenure on the upper slopes of Mica Mountain, just northwest of Valemount, and in the shadow of Mount Robson, highest Peak in the Canadian Rockies. Terry, like his guests, lives and breathes deep, untracked powder, and he has accordingly reserved his modern, well equipped snowcat and his best terrain for our 12 lucky attendees. Cariboo contains extremely varied and interesting topography and some run begin at a chest-pounding 8,500 feet in elevation.  That's high for this part of the world, meaning excellent powder preservation is the norm.  For those of you only familiar with southern BC Cat skiing, this will be a wake up call. The Cariboo range's topography is complex, steep, banded granite with lots of chutes and multiple fall lines. Glaciers abound. For several seasons, Terry has been slowly expanding his terrain. For example, this year's crew focused on cutting and clearing a monster area of 3,000+ vertical feet steeps big enough to lay down four or five consecutive group runs without overlap. The Cariboo crew have really committed themselves to a summer of extensive glading and have opened up significant increases of steep, treed terrain as well. Don't take my word for all this. Check out Google Earth and zoom in on Mica Mountain. Click on one of several of the little blue squares for a bird's eye photo of the steep, glaciated terrain we'll be ripping!  I'm stoked.

Here's the link:

http://www.cariboocatskiing.com/

Friday March 12, 2010:

Friday rolls around with more great skiing in our private snowcat... and resort.

Saturday March 13, 2010:

A repeat of Thursday and Friday. Boring? Are you kidding me?

Sunday March 14, 2010:

Departure/Return day. Guests may want to consider joining Briar and me for an extra day of skiing at adjacent Marmot Basin Ski Resort before a scenic drive down the Icefields Parkway back to Calgary.  Marmot has been quietly expanding every year for almost a decade now, and its northern location and varied exposures mean that excellent powder preservation is the norm. With 3000' of vertical drop and 2500 acres of skiing eight lifts and 1600 acres of great powder sking, why not fly out instead on a Sunday red eye or on Monday morning?
Here's a final link:

http://www.skimarmot.com/

Heck, it's looking more and more like we will fly in a day or two early into Calgary and ski at Sunshine and/or Lake Louise on the way out to Sicamous. Any other takers?

THE PACKAGE DEAL:

Total Cost in Canadian Funds for this upgraded 2010 package: $2,159.00.00 (less than last year!)

The package deal includes:

* four (4) nights' accommodations (double occupancy) at the Sicamous Best Western Inn, Sicamous, British Columbia, includes skier's breakfast
* four (4) nights lodge accommodations (double occupancy) at the Dreamcatcher Inn, Valemount British Columbia
* two (2) days of Cat Skiing at K3 Cat Skiing, Sicamous, British Columbia, including two hearty lunches
* three (3) days of Cat Skiing at Cariboo Cat Skiing, Valemount, British Columbia, including three hearty boxed lunches from Sasquatch Sandwiches
* Canadian Goods and Service tax (GST) of 5%,
* British Columbia combined lodging/AHRT tax of 10% on lodging portion;

The package deal does not include:

* airfare
* rental car, transfers and inter-resort transportation
* day tickets to Revelstoke Mountain Report and Sun Peaks Resort
* tips and gratuities
* any charge for returned cheques and paypal/wire transfer service fees;

PAYMENT TERMS AND DATES:

Step 1:  Non-refundable deposit of $1,000.00 received by me by no later than November 15, 2009 by Paypal (payable to [log in to unmask] ) , money order, bank draft or approved cheque in Canadian funds only payable to "J. Leigh Daboll'.  Note that if paying in US funds or by Paypal, a 3.0 % service charge must be added to all payments.

Step 2:   Non-refundable balance of $1,159.00 received by me by no later than January 31, 2010 on the same terms and conditions as above.

Sorry - there's no deviation from the above. Any default or late payment means forfeiture of your reserved spot. It was impossible to make this deal work with other than a full 12-person Cat, and there is already a likely waiting list. There is no way to expand our group size beyond 12 persons this year because of Snow Cat and lodging capacities. So, we are restricted to the first 12 paid attendees, prioritized in this order:

Group 1:   2009 attendees who provide me with payments in full by the due dates.
Group 2:   2008 and prior years' paid attendees who provide me with payments in full by the due dates.
Group 3:   New attendees who provide me with payments in full by no later than the due dates.

Please note that if you are in Group 1 and you have already contacted me over the summer and fall and have arranged for immediate payment upon receiving this sign up message, I am holding your spot pending receipt of payment. If you are Group 2 in the same position, I am holding your spot pending finalizing Group 1.

THE OTHER LEGAL STUFF:

GROUP LEADER (ME) RESERVES THE RIGHT TO MAKE LAST MINUTE ADJUSTMENTS TO ITINERARY AND TO PRICE ON ACCOUNT OF WEATHER CONDITIONS, THE USUAL FORCE MAJEURE FACTORS, AND FINAL GROUP SIZE. WHILE THIS PACKAGE HAS BEEN PRICED BASED ON 12 ATTENDEES, YOUR GROUP LEADER HAS EXPENDED CONSIDERABLE EFFORTS IN ENSURING A SUB-OPTIMAL GROUP SIZE OF LESS THAN 12 ATTENDEES WILL EXPERIENCE ONLY AN INCREMENTAL COST INCREASE. IF WE DO NOT REACH AN ATTENDANCE LEVEL OF 12 ATTENDEES BY THE FINAL PAYMENT DATE OF JANUARY 31, 2010, GROUP LEADER HAS THE RIGHT , IF NECESSARY, TO ADJUST PRO-RATA PRICING. ALL ATTENDEES WILL BE ADVISED OF THEIR OPTIONS PRIOR TO ANY INCREASE IN PRICE ON ACCOUNT OF THE EXPECTED WAITING LIST.

WE MUST ENFORCE A 'NO REFUND POLICY.' ACCORDINGLY, WE STRONGLY RECOMMEND PURCHASING TRIP CANCELLATION INSURANCE . IF YOU FIND YOU ARE UNABLE TO ATTEND, YOU MUST ADVISE ME IMMEDIATELY. IF WE HAVE A WAITING LIST, I WILL ENDEAVOUR TO RE-SELL YOUR RESERVED SPACE. ALL FUNDS ARE OTHERWISE NON-REFUNDABLE.

ALL GUESTS MUST SIGN A STANDARD "WAIVER OF LIABILITY" UPON THEIR ARRIVAL AT THE CAT SKIING OPERATIONS.
GROUP LEADER ASSUMES NO LIABILITY FOR ACCIDENTS OR LOSS.

ALL DEPOSITS MUST BE RECEIVED IN MY OFFICE BY NO LATER THAN THE ABOVE DUE DATES - NO EXCEPTIONS.  I ALSO REQUIRE THAT ALL ATTENDEES SUBMIT WITH THEIR DEPOSITS, A COMPLETE INFORMATION PACKAGE, INCLUDING FULL NAME, MAILING ADDRESS, TELEPHONE NUMBER(S), AND EMAIL ADDRESS.

YOU MAY SEND THIS INFORMATION TO EITHER MY SECURE EMAIL ADDRESS [log in to unmask]  (please note change in email address from last year) OR CALL MY OFFICE AT 905-892-0569 AND PROVIDE ME WITH THE INFORMATION DIRECTLY.

MY MAILING ADDRESS FOR PAYMENT IS: J. LEIGH DABOLL, 1999 HANSLER STREET, R.R. #1, RIDGEVILLE, ONTARIO, L0S 1MO.
I hope to see you all back in 2010!

Leigh Daboll