I don't know Ben, but all I can say is, the Fritshis have surprised me and
released a lot of times in similar conditions (gully, deep snow...when the ski
flexes more than usual...has also happened in a mogul trough) and were not
really held up by anything. My other bindings don't do that, but they do come
off when they are supposed to, which is definitely not as shocking when it
happens.

What Patrick says makes sense. The bindings are at least 5 years old. I hardly
use them anymore because they just don't feel secure. I have had them
checked at the shop, twice. They say they are fine. They don't feel fine when
I'm 5 feet away from my skis and the skis have remained parallel where they
released me with nothing inhibiting their forward movement, except maybe
some powder.

-Sh

On Wed, 27 Jan 2010 11:59:13 -0500, Caveat Lector
<[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Patrick,
>
>It doesn't sound like LAS is experiencing the instant-teleFritschi.
>
>LAS, what is your DIN setting? Have you tried cranking it up?
>
>The only times I release from my Diamir IIs are when my skis stop
>dead, for example when the tips strike a vertical face (rock, log,
>etc.) or  I land in a concavity.
>
>Correct me if I'm wrong, but I've figured the bindings have been doing
>their job.
>
>Caveat lector
>
>On Wednesday, January 27, 2010, Patrick Haskell <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:
>> That's not a toe-piece failure causing the pre-release.� It's a design
defect of the older Fritschi heel piece.� The FR Plusses have corrected that
by adding a lockdown mechanism and have sort of fixed the other big heel-
piece issue (they took the stupid, fragile little screw upon which binding
functinoality relied and added a second one as insurance).

>> - Patrick

These
>> are the second generation Freerides (white and red), although I think the
>> original gray toe-piece is interchangeable.__ (Anybody know for sure?)__
With