Yes, I agree. Vista had issues. But they now don't really have a reason to stick entirely with XP, especially with Windows 7's "XP Mode" virtualization system. And it's probably stubborn businesses that are keeping usage of Internet Explorer 6 as high as it is. Though, fortunately, that same site I referenced reveals that IE8 is now on the top of the browser heap, just ahead of 6. As long as it's no longer IE 6 on the top, I'm happy.

-Rudy Raab

On 2/5/2010 8:13 AM, Cummings, Brian wrote:
[log in to unmask]" type="cite">
Of course, but they have been smartly waiting for something OTHER than
vista.

Thanks!

-Brian Cummings
802-656-7300

-----Original Message-----
From: Technology Discussion at UVM [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On
Behalf Of Rudy Raab
Sent: Thursday, February 04, 2010 8:12 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Upgrading to W7

Just for information, although it's not business only, up-to-date
statistics on public OS and browser market share can be found here:
http://marketshare.hitslink.com/operating-system-market-share.aspx?qprid
=10
That's the link for OS versions, specifically. Right now, Win 2K is at
0.57% and Win 7 is at 7.57%.

And as for businesses, they can't stick with XP forever.