The Town of Montgomery’s Town Report is available in PDF on our website @
www.montgomeryvt.us.

Renee J Patterson

Montgomery Town Clerk

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Thabault, George
Sent: Monday, February 08, 2010 2:53 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: A Note on Town Reports Sent to the State Auditor

TO:  MUNI-NET List Serve Members

Dear Town Officials:

Re:  Annual Town or Village Reports

Here at the State Auditor’s Office we are happy to receive your annual town
and village reports each year as required by 24 V.S.A. § 1173.  We do keep
them on file and refer to them from time to time during the year for a
variety of reasons.  We thank you in advance for your efforts this year.

This message is to let you know that we will accept electronic PDF town or
village reports via e-mail instead of a mailed copy if that is easier and
more cost effective for towns and villages.

Please send your PDF town reports to:  [log in to unmask]

Thank you and good luck with your preparations for Town Meeting Day.

Sincerely,

TOM

Thomas M. Salmon, CPA

Vermont State Auditor

24 V.S.A.  § 1173. Town or village reports

The clerk of a municipality shall supply annually each library in such
municipality with two copies of the municipal report, upon its publication.
The clerk shall also mail to the state library two copies thereof, and one
copy each to the secretary of state, commissioner of taxes, highway board,
state board of health, commissioner for children and families, director of
the office of Vermont health access, auditor of accounts, and board of
education. Officers making these reports shall supply the clerk of the
municipality with the printed copies necessary for him or her to comply with
the provisions of this section and section 1174 of this title. (Amended
1959, No. 329 (Adj. Sess.), § 27, eff. March 1, 1961; 1999, No. 147 (Adj.
Sess.), § 4; 2005, No. 174 (Adj. Sess.), § 55.)