We have an article this year that will ask the voters if we should stop mailing the reports but rather have them available at the office and on the website.  It has been available on the website for the past two years and someone from the body last year wondered if we could do an email mail list instead.  Think I would rather send them to the website than maintain a list.  Would folks print of the warnings and budget pagers to bring to the meeting…or would we make copies  to have available?

The paper copies will never go away completely but a reduction in the quantity we print would be helpful. (There are people without computers and/or prefer to read hard copies). AND, what bothers me more than anything about Town Reports, is the number that travel right from the mail box into the trash/recycle bins.

Patti

From: Vermont Municipal Government Discussion Network [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Guildhall Town Clerk
Sent: Thursday, February 18, 2010 2:54 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: electronic town reports v paper

Hi everyone,

I’m wondering what other towns who have websites do about distribution of their Annual Town Report.  We still mail hard copies to voters in our small town, but I’m wondering if it would be acceptable, once our website is up and working, to just have a PDF copy available electronically on the website and emailable.   Would it be kosher to eliminate the paper report altogether?  Have any towns done that?

Laura