Several years ago the Town of Marlboro voted to have our constable have only civil duties as the training requirements were too expensive.  We decided not to have a constable who carries a gun.
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Martha Harrison
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Tuesday, February 02, 2010 9:22 AM
Subject: constables

Iím wondering how many communities will be negatively impacted by the recent increase in training requirements for part-time law enforcement officers? And, on a related note, would the passage of H. 492 (which grandfathers constables with more than 15 years of service) be helpful for your town? If H. 492 does not pass, how is your town planning to address the potential loss of law enforcement officers?

Thank you for any feedback you can offer!

Martha Harrison

West Windsor