 ------------------------------
*From:* School Information Technology Discussion [mailto:
[log in to unmask]] *On Behalf Of *Stephen Barner
*Sent:* Thursday, February 25, 2010 1:53 PM
*To:* [log in to unmask]
*Subject:* Re: appropriate Website use?

 Fundamentally, the school board has a right to control what is published to
the school's website, while the teachers association has no such right.  The
teachers association may request permission to have information published or
to include a link to a separate website from the board, but the board has no
obligation to provide same.

It would have been wise for the teachers association to request a link to
their own website at some point in the past, when contract negotiations were
not taking place.  I suspect it would be a lot harder for them to gain
access now.

Steve Barner
South Burlington High School