Has anyone tried Trend's Housecall on this bug?

on 2/10/10 2:10 PM, Robin Gouin wrote:

> Craig,
>
> yes we had a few too.  We used Malwarebytes and Superantivirusfree version
> and they seemed to work.  Some we had to run in safe mode they were so bad.
> Make sure you have your restore point shut off.
>
> Robin
>
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Craig Lyndes @ wcvt.com
> <[log in to unmask]>wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> We're on our fourth Internet Security 2010 virus today!!!  This has become
>> our biggest service issue.
>>
>> One question - does anyone have an antivirus program that prevents a
>> computer from becoming infected once a compromised web site is visited????
>>
>> I can say unequivocally that Microsoft Security Essentials and AVG DO NOT
>> WORK!
>>
>> The human engineering with this virus is excellent.  Once the person
>> becomes convinced that they should install the program that pretends to be
>> antivirus (but is actually a virus) then nothing, the antivirus we
>> install, or Windows, stops them.
>>
>> I read an article yesterday that said there is a keystroke logger is part
>> of some of these variations, and that has lead to $370,000 being
>> transferred from the accounts of the town of Poughkepsie NY to somewhere
>> in the Ukraine.  I have alerted the business office.
>>
>> One of the people today said it first struck from Yahoo....  This is
>> really bad news.  Maybe an ad not they Yahoo web server, but it isn't from
>> muck raking.
>>
>> Thank god for imaging.
>>
>> Craig Lyndes
>> FCSU

and privileged information protected under the Family Educational Rights and
Privacy Act. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is
prohibited. If you are not an intended recipient, please contact the sender
by reply e-mail and destroy all copies of the message.