Milton utilizes VLANs for more efficient network traffic and some
restrictions.

We have a district-wide wireless system.  We use Aerohive.  All of our
WAPs are N so the speed is pretty good.  They all go into PoE Gb switches.

We publish two SSIDs.  The MTSD SSID is one VLAN and it gives users access
to our wired network and domain resources.  The Public_WiFi SSID is
another VLAN and it does not allow users to get out of this VLAN.  The
only thing that these connected users can do is browse the web using port
80.  No other ports are open.

Fred Wadlington, Systems Administrator
Milton Town School District
(802) 893-3210 x1114

School Information Technology Discussion <[log in to unmask]> on