I would not use tape, might get gunk all over the
lens. A mini post it would work nicely and not
prohibit use of the cam at a later date.
If one reads the court filing carefully, one can
see that there could be significant case law
resulting. But, it will never get to trial, most
likely, and then, therefore, not really help to
define parameters of the use of such
software/hardware/ I suspect it would have
implications for the general work place as well.

I strongly agree with Bill. There are a number of
specialized applications and processes that could
be quite effective in locating stolen property.
We were solicited by one firm that really had a
great product/process. If we actually let
computers out of the building it would have been
a very good investment. But, web cam photos would
not normally yield useful information.

But, the court will likely never see this other
than to sign off on the settlement agreement.

Rick

Tech Support
Townshend School District
PO Box 226