Actually, the image captured is evidence and relevant to the criminal
investigation.

Problem in this case is that the camera shouldn't have fired.   But,
once the system flags the laptop as missing it starts broadcasting the
"You've been stolen" command.  Once the laptop sees the internet it gets
the command it starts snapping pics and sending connection information.
Help! I'm in Starbucks on Williston Road and here's a picture of the
schmuck that stole me.

Of course this is easy to disable, but smart people don't steal
laptops... at least in theory.  This would explain why I have 30 of them
in my garage... Pssst, anyone want to buy a Latitude?

Mike

Michael Vining, SB IT Support

South Burlington School District

South Burlington, Vermont 05403