Actually, the image captured is evidence and relevant to the criminal investigation.

Problem in this case is that the camera shouldn’t have fired.   But, once the system flags the laptop as missing it starts broadcasting the “You’ve been stolen” command.  Once the laptop sees the internet it gets the command it starts snapping pics and sending connection information.  Help! I’m in Starbucks on Williston Road and here’s a picture of the schmuck that stole me.

Of course this is easy to disable, but smart people don’t steal laptops… at least in theory.  This would explain why I have 30 of them in my garage… Pssst, anyone want to buy a Latitude?

Mike

batman_yellow_50x50.jpg

Michael Vining, SB IT Support

South Burlington School District