________________________________

From: School Information Technology Discussion
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Drew Blanchard
Sent: Thursday, February 25, 2010 7:39 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: appropriate Website use?

It's contract negotiations time in Winooski, and the school's website is
caught in the crossfire.  As one of the Website's administrators, I'm
now looking at biased talking points from the school board linked on the
site's main page, with an angry teachers' union breathing down my neck
requesting equal time and space on the site.  I find this whole thing an
extremely inappropriate use for our site.  Have any other districts used
their school's Website for such purposes?  It feels like an
unprofessional "he said, she said" sort of thing, but if it's a commonly
accepted use for the site, well, I should smile and nod and keep my
mouth shut.

Are other schools' sites used this way during contract negotiations?

Winooski's main page
<http://www.winooski.k12.vt.us/winooski/site/default.asp>

Talking points page
<http://www.winooski.k12.vt.us/207610102012231707/blank/browse.asp?a=383