From: School Information Technology Discussion
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Craig Lyndes @ wcvt.com
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 1:59 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Virus epidemic

Folks,

We're on our fourth Internet Security 2010 virus today!!!  This has
become
our biggest service issue.

One question - does anyone have an antivirus program that prevents a
computer from becoming infected once a compromised web site is
visited????

I can say unequivocally that Microsoft Security Essentials and AVG DO
NOT
WORK!

The human engineering with this virus is excellent.  Once the person
becomes convinced that they should install the program that pretends to
be
antivirus (but is actually a virus) then nothing, the antivirus we
install, or Windows, stops them.

I read an article yesterday that said there is a keystroke logger is
part
of some of these variations, and that has lead to $370,000 being
transferred from the accounts of the town of Poughkepsie NY to somewhere
in the Ukraine.  I have alerted the business office.

One of the people today said it first struck from Yahoo....  This is
really bad news.  Maybe an ad not they Yahoo web server, but it isn't
from
muck raking.

Thank god for imaging.

Craig Lyndes
FCSU

10/2/2010This email may contain information protected under the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
or the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA). If this email contains confidential and/or privileged health or student information and you are not entitled to access such information under FERPA or HIPAA, federal regulations require that you destroy this email without reviewing it and you may not forward it to anyone.