-----Original Message-----
From: School Information Technology Discussion
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Eric Hall
Sent: Wednesday, February 10, 2010 3:22 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Virus epidemic

Has anyone tried Trend's Housecall on this bug?

on 2/10/10 2:10 PM, Robin Gouin wrote:

> Craig,
>
> yes we had a few too.  We used Malwarebytes and Superantivirusfree
> version and they seemed to work.  Some we had to run in safe mode they
were so bad.
> Make sure you have your restore point shut off.
>
> Robin
>
> On Wed, Feb 10, 2010 at 1:59 PM, Craig Lyndes @ wcvt.com
> <[log in to unmask]>wrote:
>
>> Folks,
>>
>> We're on our fourth Internet Security 2010 virus today!!!  This has
>> become our biggest service issue.
>>
>> One question - does anyone have an antivirus program that prevents a
>> computer from becoming infected once a compromised web site is
visited????

>> I can say unequivocally that Microsoft Security Essentials and AVG DO

>> NOT WORK!
>>
>> The human engineering with this virus is excellent.  Once the person
>> becomes convinced that they should install the program that pretends
>> to be antivirus (but is actually a virus) then nothing, the antivirus

>> we install, or Windows, stops them.
>>
>> I read an article yesterday that said there is a keystroke logger is
>> part of some of these variations, and that has lead to $370,000 being

>> transferred from the accounts of the town of Poughkepsie NY to
>> somewhere in the Ukraine.  I have alerted the business office.
>>
>> One of the people today said it first struck from Yahoo....  This is
>> really bad news.  Maybe an ad not they Yahoo web server, but it isn't

>> from muck raking.
>>
>> Thank god for imaging.
>>
>> Craig Lyndes
>> FCSU

confidential and privileged information protected under the Family
Educational Rights and Privacy Act. Any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not an intended
copies of the message.

believed to be clean.