*Fellow UVMers,*

I am writing to tell you about the 1st Annual Winter Carnival and the series
of events that will take place as part of it. The first event, a Rail Jam
scheduled for 7:00 p.m. tonight has been RESCHEDULED for Monday March 1st,
same details otherwise.

Other events include an Adventure Race, an A Capella concert with all of the
A Capella groups, Racquetball Tournament, Dodgeball Tournament, Snow
Sculpture contest, Chili Cook-Off, and many more. To view the full list of
events you can click on the "Winter Carnival Schedule" link on the page
below:
http://www.uvm.edu/wintercarnival/

Several of the events require folks to put teams together, and several do
not. Put a team together and see if you can win one of the sweet prizes in
the Chili Cook Off or the Adventure Race or the Snow Sculpture Contest.
Either way, there are plenty of fun events to watch. Maybe you'll be lucky
enough to get yourself one of the elusive Winter Carnival t-shirts!

Almost all of the events are free and many of them will feature
giveaways/prizes made possible by our sponsors: Ben and Jerry's, the UVM
Bookstore, Sodexo, Skirack, and the Office of the President.

E-mail [log in to unmask] with any questions.  Have a great week and I hope
your dominating your first round of midterms!

Peace,

Bryce

-------
*Important Message: *

In honor of town meetings, your SGA is hosting a Town Meeting Day for
students on March 2nd from 12-3pm in Ira Allen Chapel.  We are hoping to
have a strong turnout of students to discuss UVMís budget, tuition, student
comprehensive fee, town-gown relations, student advocacy, academic quality,
and more.

There are many initiatives occurring such as the "Spires of Excellence" and
General Education, and we want to make sure that these programs align with
student priorities and education expectations.  The SGA needs to hear your
priorities and what your vision for the university looks like for the short
term and long term.

We are very excited to host the event and hope that students will
participate!!

-Student Government Association

--------
*From the SGA Presidentís Email This Week*:

-Hadag Nachash Concert- Thursday, February 25th
-Investment Club Meeting- Tuesday, February 23rd
-Special Olympics Event- Friday, February 26th
-Symposium Celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Madeleine M. Kuninís
Inauguration as Governor of Vermont, March 2nd
-Amnesty International presents: a conversation with Frank Nicosia, Thomas
Macias, and Wanda Heading-Grant
-Black History Month Events
-Social Justice Scholarships
-Computer Depot Clinic in the Computer Depot
-Good news! The U.S. Census Bureau is Recruiting Workers
-This Week in Vermont Athletics

From information on these events visit
http://www.uvm.edu/sga/?Page=campuswide/default.html

------
*SGA Matters:*

I.  SGA President and Vice President Elections are underway!  There is still
time to participate and run a campaign at this time, just swing by the SGA
office to pick up a packet.  There will be a informational session tomorrow
February 25th at 6:45PM in the SGA office to discuss campaign rules and
regulations.

II.  The SGA and IRA are organizing a forum on student rights regarding
alcohol and other drugs next Wednesday, March 3rd from 4-5:30 in the Livak
Ballroom.  We will be hearing from UVM Police Servicesí Chief Tuomey and
other University officials on the topic of federal, state, and local laws as
well as university policies that pertain to this issue.  We hope to foster
an engaging conversation to educate students on what their rights are and
explore any issues with the current structure and framework.

*Next Meeting*-Tuesday March 2nd
Location: Livak Ballroom, 4th Floor of the Davis Center
Time: 7PM

*Old Business*
-*Resolution Supporting Student Actionís Definition of Student Comprehensive
Fee*, sponsored by the Student Action Committee
-*Bill Recognizing the Quidditch Club*, sponsored by Chair Claire Chevrier

*Passed Legislation from February 26thís SGA Meeting:*
-*Resolution Supporting the Student Neighborhood Initiative*, sponsored by
Chair Michael Glynne
-*Bill Recognizing the UVM Figure Skating as Club of the Month*, sponsored
by Senator Tyler Buswell
-*Bill Recognizing Colleges Against Cancer*, sponsored by Chair Claire
Chevrier

--
Bryce Jones
President