Fellow UVMers,

I am writing to tell you about the 1st Annual Winter Carnival and the series of events that will take place as part of it. The first event, a Rail Jam scheduled for 7:00 p.m. tonight has been RESCHEDULED for Monday March 1st, same details otherwise.

Other events include an Adventure Race, an A Capella concert with all of the A Capella groups, Racquetball Tournament, Dodgeball Tournament, Snow Sculpture contest, Chili Cook-Off, and many more. To view the full list of events you can click on the "Winter Carnival Schedule" link on the page below:
http://www.uvm.edu/wintercarnival/

Several of the events require folks to put teams together, and several do not. Put a team together and see if you can win one of the sweet prizes in the Chili Cook Off or the Adventure Race or the Snow Sculpture Contest. Either way, there are plenty of fun events to watch. Maybe you'll be lucky enough to get yourself one of the elusive Winter Carnival t-shirts!

Almost all of the events are free and many of them will feature giveaways/prizes made possible by our sponsors: Ben and Jerry's, the UVM Bookstore, Sodexo, Skirack, and the Office of the President.

E-mail [log in to unmask] with any questions.  Have a great week and I hope your dominating your first round of midterms!

Peace,

Bryce

-------
Important Message:

In honor of town meetings, your SGA is hosting a Town Meeting Day for students on March 2nd from 12-3pm in Ira Allen Chapel.  We are hoping to have a strong turnout of students to discuss UVM’s budget, tuition, student comprehensive fee, town-gown relations, student advocacy, academic quality, and more.

There are many initiatives occurring such as the "Spires of Excellence" and General Education, and we want to make sure that these programs align with student priorities and education expectations.  The SGA needs to hear your priorities and what your vision for the university looks like for the short term and long term.

We are very excited to host the event and hope that students will participate!!

-Student Government Association

--------
From the SGA President’s Email This Week:

-Hadag Nachash Concert- Thursday, February 25th
-Investment Club Meeting- Tuesday, February 23rd
-Special Olympics Event- Friday, February 26th
-Symposium Celebrating the 25th Anniversary of Madeleine M. Kunin’s Inauguration as Governor of Vermont, March 2nd
-Amnesty International presents: a conversation with Frank Nicosia, Thomas Macias, and Wanda Heading-Grant
-Black History Month Events
-Social Justice Scholarships
-Computer Depot Clinic in the Computer Depot
-Good news! The U.S. Census Bureau is Recruiting Workers
-This Week in Vermont Athletics

From information on these events visit http://www.uvm.edu/sga/?Page=campuswide/default.html

------
SGA Matters:

I.  SGA President and Vice President Elections are underway!  There is still time to participate and run a campaign at this time, just swing by the SGA office to pick up a packet.  There will be a informational session tomorrow February 25th at 6:45PM in the SGA office to discuss campaign rules and regulations.

II.  The SGA and IRA are organizing a forum on student rights regarding alcohol and other drugs next Wednesday, March 3rd from 4-5:30 in the Livak Ballroom.  We will be hearing from UVM Police Services’ Chief Tuomey and other University officials on the topic of federal, state, and local laws as well as university policies that pertain to this issue.  We hope to foster an engaging conversation to educate students on what their rights are and explore any issues with the current structure and framework.

Next Meeting-Tuesday March 2nd
Location: Livak Ballroom, 4th Floor of the Davis Center
Time: 7PM

Old Business
-Resolution Supporting Student Action’s Definition of Student Comprehensive Fee, sponsored by the Student Action Committee
-Bill Recognizing the Quidditch Club, sponsored by Chair Claire Chevrier

Passed Legislation from February 26th’s SGA Meeting:
-Resolution Supporting the Student Neighborhood Initiative, sponsored by Chair Michael Glynne
-Bill Recognizing the UVM Figure Skating as Club of the Month, sponsored by Senator Tyler Buswell
-Bill Recognizing Colleges Against Cancer, sponsored by Chair Claire Chevrier

--
Bryce Jones
President

Dudley H. Davis Center