*Fellow UVMers,*

SGA President and Vice President Elections are upon us again and this week
marks the beginning of the campaign period!  The first step in running for
one of the two positions is to swing by the SGA office (3rd Floor of the
Davis Center) and pick up an elections packet.  It will contain much of the
pertinent information concerning the election process like the time line,
petition and campaign rules.  The sooner you pick up the packet, the sooner
you can start your campaigning!

If you would like to chat about my position or that of the SGA Vice
President I am absolutely positive that Kate and myself would be more than
happy to sit down to discuss our positions in depth.  As always, email is a
great avenue to ask any questions as well.  You can direct questions or
requests to meet about the SGA President position to me at
[log in to unmask] ones about the SGA Vice President to Kate Ash at

If you are unfamiliar with the SGA, a good resource that could provide a
better foundation about the two positions can be found on our website at
http://www.uvm.edu/sga/resources/documents/SGAConstitution.pdf.
 Specifically Article III (Sections A-C) enumerates the roles and
responsibilities of these executive positions.  I would also encourage you
to attend an SGA meeting to gather better insight into the organization as
well.  The next meeting information can be found below under the “SGA
Matters” section of this email.

Kate and I are really excited to see who decides to run and wish all of the
candidates the best of luck!!

On a different note, UPB’s Music Committee wants to know your opinion on
music genres.  They have created a quick survey to poll your favorite type
of music and your preferred artist on campus, so if you get a second please
fill out this survey http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/ZFQRVNC.

Have a great week,

Bryce Jones

-------
*From the SGA President’s Email This Week:*

-Hadag Nachash Concert, February 25th
-Black History Month Events
-CPR & First Aid Classes
-Social Justice Scholarships
-Good News! The U.S. Census Bureau is Recruiting Workers
-This Week in Vermont Athletics

For details on these items please go to
http://www.uvm.edu/sga/?Page=campuswide/default.html.

-------
*SGA Matters:*

Check out our SGA commercial: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7VdY4uBv6A0
*
Next Meeting:*
-Tuesday, February 22th, at 7pm in the Livak Ballroom of the Davis Center.

*From the meeting on February 16th:*
*Resolution Supporting the Responsible Closure of Vermont Yankee Nuclear
Power Plant in 2012*, sponsored by Chair David Maciewicz of CODEEE, Chair
Tyler Wilkinson-Ray of Student Action, and Senator Mikayla McDonald of
CODEEE passed the SGA this past Tuesday and will be sent along to the
Vermont State Senate!

--
Bryce Jones
President