Fernando,
Your encouragement led to my third trip to Rouses Point.  Ken Copenhaver
and I visited yesterday and did not spot the gull or the Hawk Owl.
Today worked out much better.  I have attached a few of many pictures:
http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=bobdill112&target=ALBUM&id=5443111381728260081&authkey=Gv1sRgCKbJ9JnmnNihgwE&feat=email
<http://picasaweb.google.com/lh/sredir?uname=bobdill112&target=ALBUM&id=5443111381728260081&authkey=Gv1sRgCKbJ9JnmnNihgwE&feat=email>
The Gull spent much of the afternoon by itself at the edge of the
unbroken ice 200-300 feet south of the jetty with occasional forays for
food  amongst the fishing shanties north of the jetty (where most of the
pictures came from).  Our position on the jetty was:
44.972907,-73.352464    (paste this into the google map search box)
The Hawk Owl showed up promptly on our arrival around 4:00
(44.993548,-73.421493).  It hunted it way east on Prospect Street and
then back west over an hour or so.
Thanks to Tom Gooley who lives in the area and has spent enough time
watching both of these birds to have a sense what to expect.

Bob