At dusk this past Friday a Great Horned Owl perched on a tree in our back
yard to begin our GBBC weekend count.  Same tree, same branch, one day later
- a Red-tailed Hawk.  Sunday - a willow tree even closer to our house - a
perched Cooper's Hawk.  I took photos fo all three from my kitchen window.
Then on Valentine's Day, while looking out our front door, we saw two
Eastern Blue Birds, male and female, absent since last fall, fly into the
Christmas wreath right beside the door not two feet from our astonished
faces.  Ah, the rigors of birding!  Our WEEKEND   list follows.

Weybridge Road near Snake Mt:

Cooper's Hawk                 1
Red-tailed Hawk               2
Wild Turkey                     1  (Gobbling across the street)
Mourning Dove                37
Great Horned Owl             2  (Calling to one another on Valentine's Day)
Red-bellied Woodpecker   2  (First female of the winter joined our male,
again on Valentine's Day.)
Downy Woodpecker         4
Hairy Woodpecker           2
Blue Jay                         3
Black-capped Chickadee  9
Tufted Titmouse               2
White-breasted Nuthatch  3
European Starling             3
American Tree Sparrow     8
Dark-eyed Junco              2
Northern Cardinal             1
House Finch                    3
American Goldfinch          27 (over 40 two days later)
House Sparrow                12

Barbara Brosnan
Weybridge Road