Hello All,

Dwight Cargill and I went to the Vermont end of the Rouses Point bridge (in
Alburg) this morning and found the adult Ivory Gull at 7:38 a.m. It was on the
south side of the bridge about 100-125 feet out. It was resting atop the ice
near the edge where the ice and water meet. It stood up a few times (very
short black legs) then layed back down on the ice. After a couple of minutes it
went into the water, bathed and then flew back onto the ice and preened. It
is quite a sight to see an Ivory Gull adult in flight because of the pure white
coloration throughout its' head body and wings. .
While we were there, another birder showed up. We spoke with him for a bit
and found out that his name is Pat Jones (from Long island). He is the person
who located the Ivory Gull yesterday.
Thank you Pat for locating this rare Gull and for letting Shai Mitra know about
your sighting so that she could post it on the NYBird List.
Additionally, thanks to Dave Hoag for forwarding Shai Mitra's posting to the
VTBird List. I know that many appreciative Vermonters were able to see the
Gull today!!

Enjoy Birds,

Jim Mead