Yesterday in my posting about the Ivory Gull, I mistakenly referred to Shai
Mitra as a she. Two very kind NY birders e-mailed me privately to let me know
that Shai is in fact a HE. One of them also let me know that Shai Mitra is the
editor of the Kingbird which is a publication of the New York State
Ornithological Association and he is considered one of the top birders in all of
New York State.
I would like to offer my sincerest apology to Shai Mitra, his readers, friends
and/or acquaintances for my unintentional gender faux pas. . .

Jim Mead