Mitch,  On Cape Anne drive to Andrew's Point (if it's not on your map, ask - it's easy) and walk (short) to the ocean in two different directions (You'll understand when you get there.)  Excellent for guillemot, harlequin, scoters; I've had Iceland, ivory and glaucous gulls, kittiwake, king eider - but I haven't been there this year.  Drive the coastal road around the Cape looking in each pond and inlet.  The rocky area across from the big resort hotels is good for purple sandpipers, grebes (both eared and red-necked are rare but regular).  You might also want to walk out to Halibut Point.  The road to Eastern Point Coast Guard Station can be good for gulls (Bonaparte's, black-headed occasionally) and the cove at the end is good for dabblers.  There is a sign indicating that the area is private, but it's not - the Coast Guard is out there.)  On the way back to the main road you pass a gull pond on the right that always has a good collection of ducks.  Good luck.  Bruce Peterson