The Ferdinand Northern hawk Owl was present today. On my way to moose bog, I looked
for about 45 min. and found nothing. David Govatski, who I ran into at moose bog, said he
had seen the bird earlier. We drove back to find the bird perched conspicuously on a spruce
and visible from the road. I checked again around 5 the bird was missing. Highlights at
moose bog included White-winged crossbills, Gray Jays, Boreal Chickadees, a single Spruce
Grouse.
Hawk Owl was definitely the highlight of the trip and birding the north east kingdom made it
worth the drive.