At 10:10 AM 2/10/2010, S H wrote:
>Utah and WY are very dry. I felt ok when there, but my hair and
>nails took a beating, and my throat always felt dry. My cuticles
>cracked and peeled and my hair got very brittle like straw, even
>with good conditioner. Glad to be back in the humidity again.
>Everything is recovering nicely.

No denying that it's dry here - CO, ID, MT, NV, AZ, and NM, too - and
it certainly has an effect on hydration, particularly during
energetic activities. However, you hair, nails, and cuticles were
more than likely reacting to the mineral content of our water - it's
particularly hard - and, again because of dissolved minerals, fairly
high pH. All this serves to strip away your natural moisturizing oils
until your body adjusts somewhat. This seems to take about 1-3 months
for our new arrivals.

But look at it this way: during your time here you probably satisfied
your annual requirement for trace amounts of arsenic, molybdenum and
lead, between the water and passing by a superfund site twice a day
each time you skied in LCC - the Davenport and Flagstaff smelters.
You were also staying about a 10 minute walk from a second superfund
site - the old smelter just northwest of the mouth of BCC.
;-)

-marc