On Feb 10, 2010, at 9:04 AM, Get Skied wrote:

> Wes, what do you miss specifically if you arrive a day late?

Depends. Sleep, mostly, if all goes well. Men's Downhill if things go really bad.

We have reserved downstream connections . JetBlue claims to deliver us to Seattle at 4:45. At 5:45, we get on a bus to Templeton Station, Vancouver -- 2 light rail stops from Vancouver airport. We get on a train (every 7 minutes, they say) and head to Vancouver airport to catch the last bus of the day from airport to Whistler at 11 PM . We arrive in Whistler at 2 AM.

SO a 24 hour delay in flights and perfect connections all the way through get us to Whistler 2 AM Saturday morning, Gates open for Mens Downhill at 9 AM Saturday morning. We can deal.

But any delay in flight resulting in missed bus connections may strand us in either Seattle or Vancouver Thursday night (not so bad, but $$$ if in Vancouver)  or Friday night (really bad, if we aren't at Creekside by 11 AM Saturday).

We bought Travel Insurance for this escapade. Now I need to read the contract and see what options or benefits it offers us.
| Academic Computing Services       __0__                             |
| Room 407 Lafayette Building      / \ | \                            |
| University of Vermont              \77                              |
| Voice:802-656-1254 FAX:802-???-????  vv                             |
| aim:goim?screenname=maddogskideath      http://www.uvm.edu/~waw/    |