Nice report Scotty! Hillary must have some stubborn, hard-headed French-
Canadian-Vermonter for a dad to do that tour as a 15 yo. Kudos indeed.

I was at the summit when you called, hiding from the wind under my sweet
SPYDER hoodie down jacket...I was with lurker J Wulf, who insisted on manfully
skiing Hourglass.

I however, hooked a ski on the krumholtz on my second turn and had my left
ski pop off right at the top of the Hourglass chute!  My first alpine eject in my
rental bindings above a fairly no-fall line....I almost shit my pants in fear, as I
tried vainly to get a handhold...lucky for me, I was in enough powder on the
side of the chute entrance I could stop and get my act together. I was
gripped enough after that to mostly slide-slip like a gomer down the Hourglass
(sorry!)

Then it was on the ankle-busting traverse over behind the Adam's Apple, and
to the world famous HELLBROOK. Well, HB is pretty wrecked in the main chute-
-spots have chunks of ice from the big blow-out lurking, plenty of traffic has
been down it, etc. etc. We cut over and found some "exciting" skiing...some
good turns followed by ice or rock to avoid.

It was in this part of the adventure, when I was "just skiing along" that my
AWESOME down Hoodie SPYDER jacket, floating like a parachute behind me
(sooo cool looking!) managed to hook itself on a branch...next thing I knew, I
was off my feet, making gurgling sounds as I hung ass backwards, flailing and
gasping...until the branch broke, and I was left to recover from yet another
scare....

snip