As part of an IMLS funded Early Career Research Grant, Dr. Vandana Singh
(Assistant Professor, School of Information Sciences at University of
Tennessee-Knoxville) is working on a 3 year research project that will
compare the technical support for Open Source Integrated Library Systems
with proprietary Integrated Library Systems.

In phase 1 of this research project, we are collecting data regarding the
expectations of librarians for technical support and the available channels
of technical support. We will identify the expectations of librarians about
technical support for ILS (both open source software and proprietary
software). And, we will assess the effectiveness of the current channels and
processes for technical support in satisfying the expectations of the
librarians.

At this stage, we are looking for participants interested in contributing to
this study. If you would be willing to participate in the study that would
be greatly appreciated.

If you are interested in the general description and progress of the
project, or would like to take the survey, you can find more information
at: *http://oss-research.cci.utk.edu/ <http://oss-research.cci.utk.edu/>.* You
can also direct any queries or suggestions to *[log in to unmask] with
"ILS Survey" in the subject line.*

We look forward to our contributions!

[image: IMLSLogo.gif]     [image: UTKLogo.png]     [image:
oss-research.cci.utk.edu.png]