Members attending MLA '10

Housing data shows attendance is up and lots of attendees plan to
share a room, which is a great way to stretch the budget!

Yesterday, MLA's room block at the Hilton Washington temporarily ran
out of Standard Rooms with 2-double beds on Tuesday night, 5/25.
We are pleased to report we were able to add more of this type room
for that night.

MLA's discounted rate is $249/night plus tax for a Standard Room with
either 2-double beds or one-king bed.  Make reservations early for
best selection.  Reservation information is at
http://mlanet.org/am/am2010/travel/hotel.html

A few members reported they were told they needed to upgrade to an
Executive Level room ($279/night).  If you encounter an unwanted
request to upgrade, please contact me at 312.419.9094, ext 17, email:
[log in to unmask] or MLA's Executive Director, Carla Funk, phone:
312.419-9094, ext 14, Email:  [log in to unmask]

--Are You Holding an Unneeded Hotel Reservation?
Experience has shown a significant number of room reservations are
cancelled about 10 days before the MLA meeting.  If you have a
reservation you will not use, please cancel it now so it can be
released back to MLA's block.  Doing so makes the room available for
other members and you will avoid the risk of incurring a cancellation fee.

Thank you for your consideration,
Ray Naegele

************************************
Ray Naegele, CPA
Director of Financial and Administrative Services
Medical Library Association
65 E. Wacker Place, Suite 1900
Chicago, IL 60601-7246
Phone: 312.419.9094 x 17         Fax: 312.419.8950
Email: [log in to unmask]       Website: www.mlanet.org
Plan to attend MLA'10 "Reflect and Connect"
May 21-26, 2010  Washington, DC