Happy Friday everyone:

I need help with a reference question today.

Patron is looking for "...literature regarding the maximal or really the "optimal" number of in-patients a community based primary care physician might have on a regular basis.

We "cap" residents, nurses have target ratios and even hospitalists and intensivists have optimal numbers of patients they can deliver care to, however the number for the "Attending" physician is more elusive."

Trying Medline via Ovid and PubMed using workload and attending physician.  Not getting the results hoped for.  Suggestions welcome and everyone have a good weekend!

Thanks

Jannette

Jannette Bradley
Advocate Christ Medical Center
Advocate Health Sciences Library Network
4440 West 95th Street
Oak Lawn, IL 60453
708-684-5200 phone
708-684-5145 fax