[log in to unmask] wrote:
> Perhaps apropos of nothing, but that paper was mentioned in the comments
> section of a Chronicle of Higher Ed blog post as follows:
>
> <quote>
> her oldest child is in college. Read the article, it looks very much
> like a straightforward science fair project. With 2 scientist parents
> you can turn that into a pub for an obscure journal. I don't think it's
> anything but that.
> </quote>

Actually, this has been done before once that I know of, and that was
for a MUCH more major journal. In the 1990s, the study that claimed to
debunk Therapeutic Touch was coauthored by a nurse, her husband, and
their 11-year-old.

Of course, that was JAMA.

Rosa L, Rosa E, Sarner L, Barrett S. A close look at therapeutic touch. JAMA.
1998 Apr 1;279(13):1005-10. PubMed PMID: 9533499.