Steve,

Could you ask your fine-print reader where he found the copy of the bill
that talked about certificates and 5-year limits?  I don't see any of that
in the bill I found on the legislative website. Maybe I've looked in the
wrong place.

In any case, there already is a cost "added to the cost of the original
purchase price".  It's the cost to our society of a toxic environment.
There's a monetary cost for alleviating that toxicity; that's the reality.
So which cost do you want to pay?

-Vince