I would create a second instance of the each printer that has the same name
and share name.  Doing so should not break the previous ones but new
instances can be set up correctly.

Scriptstart uses kixtart to execute it's scripts.   It is a programing
language specifically written for Windows logon scripts, so you can write
the script manually if you like.

I did find this a while back while looking for Windows 7 printer solutions.
  But I never did get to try it out.

http://207.46.16.252/en-us/magazine/2006.08.manageprinters.aspx

Bjorn Behrendt
IT Coordinator